Sunday, August 2, 2009

Facebook

I have an account with Facebook which I use to communicate with other library technicians, to share photos with relatives and friends, and also so other people can communicate with me. For instance, I recently had an elementary school friend contact me who I have not heard from in many years.
I do have concerns for children who share personal information which may put them at risk for predators and also for young people who are job hunting. I understand that some employers use social networking sites in their background checks. This is unfortunate for a young person who may have inappropriate photos or comments attached to their name.
I will continue to use Facebook but with caution, making sure not share too much personal information and screening those people who contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment