Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Funny Cooking Story

 
Entertaining with George

 

This is a story about our Himalayan cat, George who liked to eat anything he could get his mouth into.  One evening my husband and I were having a dinner party.  We had invited good friends of ours, (thank goodness it was not my husband's boss) and we had just finished the main course.  For dessert we were going to have Strawberry Shortcake.  I had spent the afternoon baking shortbread to go with the fresh strawberries I had bought at the farmers market.  The shortbread turned out great and the strawberries tasted delicious.  I was sure this dessert was going to be a hit.  While we were resting at the dinner table between courses, enjoying some great conversation, I happened to glance over towards the kitchen.  There much to my horror, George was on the kitchen table with his face in the shortcake enjoying ever piece of shortcake he could devour.   When I jumped up from the dinner table and yelled, "George --No" he looked over at me with a look on his face as if he had just caught the biggest catch of his life.  It was too late, I had this big hole in the middle of the shortcake.  Well needless to say we did not have the shortcake with those delicious strawberries that evening but I bet George went to bed that night with a full tummy, purring himself to sleep. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment